7/21/08

A crown of 27s by Tony Trigilio

Jack Ruby

I am weak in what
truth I want to
tell about and what
is the truth. I
can speak the truth.
I’m not a crackpot.

I’m not a crackpot.
I turn around
and show you tons of
telegrams taped
to my cell wall.
I can speak the truth.

I can’t speak the truth
here. Get me to
Washington. Am I
boring you? Chief
Justice Warren,
am I off the beam?

Am I off the beam?
The kind of man
who beats his horses?
Dancers click their
heels! I bore you.
Where’s my polygraph?

Where’s my polygraph?
I’m telling you:
I’m a martyr or
a screwball! I
shot him myself.
I felt deputized.

I felt deputized,
acted like a
newsman. Get me to
Washington. Let’s
do business, boys.
The drinks are on me.

--Tony Trigilio asked me about the idea of a crown of 27s. I am, of course, elated with this. Thinking about one of my own now. Cheers!

3 comments:

hanna said...

I LOVE THIS.

Unknown said...

B.J. Soloy said to me:
If you talk to Tony, tell him that on a rainy day in Iowa, his Camper Van Beethoven references were appreciated. Then tell him that I came out of nowhere and disappeared in broad daylight.

holly said...

Tony is the man.